The Swiss Mishap
by Amey Zeigler
For the last twelve years, more than half her life, Lainey Peterson has prepared to design, create, and produce quality chocolate bars. But when she discovers her chocolate internship at Switzerland’s prestigious Alpine Foods has been canceled, she vows to do whatever it takes to get to Chocolate.
Yves Claremont, a young, ambitious department chair, would sacrifice everything to rise to vice president at Alpine Foods and redeem his father’s name. Impressed with Lainey’s resume and charming determination, Yves offers her an internship in his Pet Care department, promising a recommendation for Chocolate if she does well.
Lainey is drawn to the enigmatic and passionate Yves Claremont. He cannot deny his growing attraction to her. But inter-office relationships are strictly forbidden by Alpine Foods, and a perceptive co-worker, jealous of Yves’ success, will undermine Yves and Lainey any way he can.
Amey loves writing about different places because she grew up moving all around the United States. In her books, she explores the whole world. She is also the author of Baker’s Dozen, a Romantic Suspense Mystery. The Swiss Mishap won a Swoony for 2019’s Best New Adult Contemporary Romance.
She lives with her husband and three children near Austin, TX.
Sign up for her newsletter at www.ameyzeigler.com
Top Ten List:
Ten Fun Facts
1. Amey Zeigler lived in Switzerland in her twenties and her experience there was inspirational for the setting for The Swiss Mishap
2. Before Amey Zeigler went to Switzerland, she didn’t really like chocolate. Now she only eats Swiss chocolate.
3. In the book The Swiss Mishap, Lainey hauls a recliner up four flights of stairs. Amey did, too!
4. Amey did hours of research on chocolate for the book The Swiss Mishap. Only 2% of that information made it into the book.
5. One of the best things in life is to eat chocolate and bread together. In Switzerland, they sell long skinny “branches” of chocolate. If you hallow out a demi-baguette, the branch of chocolate fits perfectly inside.
6. Amey collected recipes while she lived in Switzerland. The Swiss Mishap includes a recipe for yummy chocolate mousse.
7. The male protagonist’s name in The Swiss Mishap is Yves, which sounds like Eve. Amey actually met a hot guy named Yves while living in Switzerland, and he might have been the inspiration for the character. There was also a hot guy named Loïc who worked at the photo shop so maybe she should write another book with the male protagonist named Loïc.
8. Martin, the computer loving geeky nerd who helps Lainey, was inspired by my husband who is a total computer guy!
9. The scene in The Swiss Mishap where Lainey and Yves drive up the mountain and Monthey was inspired by an experience where someone drove Amey and a friend up the mountain for a “real Swiss meal.”
10. Amey really did spend about 12 hours a day talking with the people of Switzerland, not necessarily about pets, but she did learn to love the Swiss people, speaking French and learned to appreciate the culture.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our