Legacy by Nichole Giles
After the chaos of Mexico, Abby and Kye have lost everything but each other. They’re on the run with no purpose, no allies, and very little money. To make things worse, Abby’s wound from the Arawn Dagger is draining her power, leaving her unable to access her Light, or her Healing ability.
While the hunt for her long-lost father takes them back through Abby’s childhood homes, they’re forced to question everything they’ve been taught and everyone they’ve ever trusted—including each other. After a desperate attempt to Heal Abby’s wound goes horribly awry, and with the demons they thought they’d lost hot on their heels, the star-crossed couple is forced to face some painful realities that will change life for everyone they know.
When Abby’s best friend is kidnapped by demons, Abby and Kye abandon their search and launch a rescue attempt that morphs into a battle, the outcome of which will determine if Abby and her friends have what it takes to rid the world of demons, or if the royal bloodline and the Gifted generation will be obliterated once and for all.
Book 3 of The Descendant Series
~ Amazon ~
Nichole Giles, the author of DESCENDANT, BIRTHRIGHT, and WATER SO DEEP, has lived in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Texas. She is a huge fan of all things paranormal and magical. Her dreams include owning a garden full of fairies, riding a unicorn, and taming the pet dragon she adopted at a recent local ComiCon. His name is Zane. She also loves to spend time with her husband and four children, travel to tropical and exotic destinations, drive in the rain with the convertible top down, and play music at full volume so she can sing along.
Q&A With the Author:
6. Now that we’ve gotten to know each other, tell me a story. It can be long or short. From your childhood or last week. Funny, sad, or somewhere in between. Just make sure it’s yours. What’s your story?
Okay, this is actually relevant to my most recent release, Legacy.
We moved around a lot when I was young. Around the time when I was turning eight, we moved into a rental house on a hill in a mountainous area. One day, as I was exploring our new place (I’m pretty sure I was avoiding helping my parents unpack—or otherwise stalling) and closed myself into the bathroom. For some reason, I climbed up on the counter, and in doing so, pulled just right on the middle of the tri-secioned mirror. That mirror opened up and revealed a secret crawlspace, where I used to hide from my (then) three younger brothers and two sisters. Eventually, one of my brothers found out, and the two of us made a pact to not tell the others. It was our secret hideout for the whole time we lived there. I can’t remember if my parents ever knew about that crawlspace, and thinking back, it’s super creepy that it even existed where it was. And yet… I wrote that same crawlspace into Legacy, spurred by a burst of inspiration while completing the last chapters of Legacy. So yes, that crawlspace was real, but no, I absolutely could never find that house again to go see what it really was. But that’s what imagination is for!
Top Ten (or 13) List:
13 Random Facts about Nichole Giles
- I am the oldest of eleven children: two biological sisters, four biological brothers, and four step-brothers.
- I don’t like to read books that don’t involve some kind of romance, kissing scenes included.
- I must have lived during the regency period in a past life, because I love corset-style dresses and costumes. For Halloween, I’ll probably dress up, even though my kids won’t.
- My favorite ice cream flavor was discontinued over 10 years ago, but I still hold out hope that Ben and Jerry’s will bring back their Island Paradise flavor.
- My favorite food in the world is steamed snow crab.
- Whenever I struggle with creating or writing, I like to go for a drive with my convertible top down. I’ve even been known to do this with snow flurries in the air.
- Nichole’s ultimate dream house: on a white-sand beach, with lots of windows, palm trees in the yard, a huge patio, and within walking distance to a number of friends’ homes. Also near great shopping. It should also have a dedicated library where I can write.
- I have a growing collection of fairies. Statues, paintings, etc. And I’ve started picking up mermaids as well. I love to be surrounded by fantastical creatures.
- I have four kids. Two boys, two girls, all nearly grown.
- When I was in high school in Arizona, my friends and I haunted a local hangout, where I became highly proficient at playing air hockey.
- During my junior year, I had the opportunity to go to New York with my choir, where we sang in Carnegie Hall. We also toured the city, largely without supervision.
- My favorite candy includes Kookabura licorice and Black Forest gummies. All varieties of both.
- I have kissed a stingray, petted a shark, high-fived a sea otter, and hugged a dolphin, but I have never wrestled an alligator or tried to housebreak a lion—and I don’t think I ever will.
Thanks for hanging out with me for thirteen random facts. You can learn more about me and my books at www.nicholegiles.blogspot.com