Claire Plaisted lives in New Zealand with her husband and three children. She is an Indie Author and runs a company, Plaisted Publishing House Ltd, helping Indie Authors get their books online and looking professional.
Here are my answers to Claire’s 11 questions:
1. Why do you blog?
When I started blogging I was full of great ideas of what I was going to blog about, but when it came to putting my brilliant ideas online, I dried up and only managed a couple of posts. Then I stumbled on the #IndieRoar Challenge, which introduced me to the world of the Indie Authors, and my eyes as a reader were opened.
Now I blog because I get a lot of pleasure from putting reviews and blog posts together and helping, even in a small way, to promote and support indie authors and their books.
2. What do you blog about?
I blog mostly about books and authors, with a bit of my craft makes and art thrown in
3. What is your favourite book?
My all time favourite book is Contact by Carl Sagan.
4. Who is your favourite author?
This is a very difficult question. Up until a year or so ago, my answer would’ve been Stephen King. Now… I have so many favourite authors, most of them indie authors, that I would be here all day trying to list them.
5. Preference – Radio or TV?
I don’t do very much of either! I prefer to watch TV… although only the programs I really enjoy. I’d rather listen to my own choice of music rather than a random playlist on the radio
6. Many of us like to read a real book – what do you prefer?
I have no preference as to how I read my books as long as I can read. I do have a treasured collection of signed paperbacks though.
7. Chocolate or Strawberries?
8. If you supported a Charity which would it by and why?
I support the NSPCC. I think it’s important that we take care of all children and that they have a support system in place if things go wrong and they have nowhere else to turn. I wish ChildLine had been in place when I was growing up.
9. I like autumn the best, which season is your favourite?
I love summer. I like the warm weather, which we don’t get enough of here in the UK!
10. Are you a dog person or a Cat person?
Cat person here 🙂
11. How many blogs do you have?
I have two blogs. This one, Rainne’s Ramblings, which has a combination of books, crafts and occasionally bits about me, my life and my family.
I also have a blog called Just Books, which is just books… a mix of blog tours, book spotlights, book reviews and author interviews.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- I have been married to my wonderful husband for 26 years.
- I have a cat and a TAG (Timneh African Grey)
- I have a need to organise… everything!
- I love David Bowie.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- I’m an ‘army brat’.
- I got my first ‘real’ tattoo when I was 51.
- I don’t like liars.
- I love to sing but I’m way out of tune.
- I like dragons.
- I have little to no self-confidence.
I nominate the following people for The Liebster Award for bloggers:
11 Questions for you to answer.
- What’s your dream occupation – the one job you’d love to have if you weren’t doing what you’re doing now?
- How tall are you?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- Favourite quote?
- Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
- What foreign country would you most like to visit?
- What was the last song you listened to?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- Sweet or Savoury?
- What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?
- If you could be any age for one week, what age would you be?