Dangerous Obsession by M.M. Roethig
In a journey for retribution, lines blur between courage, justice, and revenge.
A dancer and a Marine—two worlds collide.
Chloe Johnson is no stranger to the spotlight. A prestigious member of the LA Laker Girls, she’s in the public eye regularly. Her world is perfect.
Eric Taylor, on the other hand, is damaged, both body and spirit. Injured overseas, he returns home with fresh physical wounds, invisible emotional scars, and a bad attitude.
When Chloe becomes the object of affection to an unknown stalker, she must leave her life behind and rely on a total stranger, and the only man she’s ever met who’s never happy to see her—Eric. Can she trust this hardened soldier with her life?
Adjusting to civilian life hasn’t been easy for Eric. Swearing off women forever, all he wants is to be left alone. However, his world is thrown into chaos when Chloe appears on his doorstep as an invited guest of Eric’s twin brother. Bewitched by her innocent charms, Eric fights to keep her at arm’s length, putting his No More Women resolve to the test.
Everything soon changes when Chloe’s stalker trackers her down, making her a pawn in a cat and mouse game of Dangerous Obsession.
**Included at the end of this book is the short story, Reflections.**
“I was whisked away into Chloe’s life of glamor, and submerged into the harsh horrors of Eric’s. Suddenly, when a stalker believes Chloe must be his, her life no longer seems so glittery. Thank goodness for safety behind the pages of a book! Thank goodness for excellent writers as Roethig who had me whipping the pages for the next exciting turn!” ~Elizabeth Mueller, author
Author M.M. Roethig is a ‘happily-ever-after’ author whose guilty pleasure is a swoon worthy romance. Growing up, she spent her youth on various Air Force bases in many different states, which encouraged her imagination and love of make believe stories with each new city, scenery, and situation.
Finally settling in Idaho, M.M. Roethig finished her schooling years and eventually met and married her very own Prince Charming. A recent move took her to Northern Colorado, a place she has instantly fallen in love with and embraced as her home.
When she’s not swooning over romance stories or writing, M.M. Roethig enjoys spending time with her husband and son who also call Colorado home. With two grown daughters and one son-in-law living in Idaho, she finds every excuse to travel back as much as possible.
Other hobbies M.M. Roethig enjoys is running, photography, baking, watching her son swim, trying new board games, and cheering on the Denver Broncos.
Here is the author top 10!
- Favorite Color: Burgundy
- Favorite Candy: Bottle Caps
- Favorite Drink: Anything with Cherry in it. Cherry Pepsi, Cherry Coke, Cherry Sprint, Cherry Lemonade.
- Newest obsessions: Dirty Diet Coke, (Diet coke with lime, coconut, and sometimes cream.) Brazilian Limeade (Limes, water, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk.)
- Favorite Sport: Football, followed by baseball.
- I got to stay in the same hotel, same floor, as the South Sudan President while visiting Washington D.C. We also got to see all the secret service, which was super cool.
Favorite Movie: Pride & Prejudice, Keira Knightley , Matthew MacFadyen version.
- I hate snakes!
- I love all kinds of music, but prefer country.
- I’m finally going to Hawaii this Christmas
And some fun author information!
- Readers would be surprised to know … that I’d never let anyone read any of my work unless forced. It was a huge leap to write AND publish my book, but I’m so glad I finally took the plunge.
- I have always wanted to … become a CSI investigator.
- I will never forget … the moment my first book went live. I felt sick to my stomach, elation.
- The Best thing about writing is … hearing from my readers. Nothing makes my day brighter than little notes dropped to my inbox or PO box. I love knowing my readers enjoy my work.
- When I am not writing, I like to … watch movies, catch up on my TV shows, read, or spend the day downtown. I also enjoy driving through the mountains with my husband and son.
- I am working on … the sequel to my YA Fantasy Elemental Series currently titled Autumn. My goal is to have this done by the summer so I can start the final book in the trilogy.
Check out all the great blogs that are a part of this event by following along on the Facebook page.